This wild life

Well damn.

There is so much to write about right now. One subject rests heavy on my heart.

California. 

California was one of the best experiences of my life. I seriously had life changing moments and realizations that can and will never be replaced or forgotten. I feel like a different person from living there for only a year. I met some of the best people in the world and miss them dearly. The biggest thing I learned, was to live free.  To live free from worries, fears, the future, everything. I did what made Morgan happy and no one else. So many times in my life I felt I had to impress others or live to someone else's standards. Honestly, I let that shit go.  I started to come to understand what I liked to do. It was so nice to just live in the moment.  If I wanted to do something, I did.  There is something so liberating about that. I would highly recommend it. Which brings me to the next lesson there. Be a good person. Living free cannot trump this one. You have to be a good person.  I feel like I have always tried to be a good person, but this time it went deeper than that. This new view took on responsibility. Got to pay my rent on time, so be a good person and don't spend what you don't have. Living within my means was me being a good person so I could be dependable to other people.  Being a good person was paying my child support and getting caught up on it.  Being a good person was learning not to be sexist, racist, or ignorant. Being a good person was listening to people and not forming snap judgments.  So much goes into Being a good person. Ask away if you have questions.


 Ill miss swimming at the Evening Resort with my best friends every weekend . Ill miss slamming a cold one back and watching the California sun sink into the horizon, behind the massive palm trees. Ill miss stargazing at night and learning of the cosmos. Ill never forget the first time I saw Jupiter and her moons through our backyard telescope. I distinctly remember how small and insignificant that made me feel.  Ill miss going to Napa and enjoying a dark red. Ill miss driving over massive bridges that are inspiring from a distance.  Ill miss floating the river in Sacramento and enjoying the funniest company. Ill miss just lounging on couches and watching TV shows and movies with my family there.

My friends, I will greatly miss California.





Comments

Popular Posts