Friendships

One thing that has always frustrated me in my adult life, and even to some extent in my teenage years; is that I hate feeling like I am the one in a friendship who has to keep it going. What I mean by that is, I feel that with my friends in my life, I am the one who works for it. I send the texts, I make the calls, I ask to spend time together. There are only a very select few, who I feel show any interest in being a true friend. Some of my "friends" that I consider my good friends, I don't know if I would even have a relationship with them if it wasn't for  me  reaching out to them frequently.  I feel that if I were to just stop calling or texting or messaging on Facebook, it would be a long while for the majority of my buddies to reach out to me.


Relationships are hard and I don't know, maybe I just suck at them. I know that I can say I try. I think that matters.

Comments

  1. Wish I had something profound to say, but I don't. So here's a shout out! I am reading, and I care. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts